Pinot Noir & Cheese Matching at Milk the Cow
One thing I enjoy is to see what Laura Lown, the cheesemonger of Milk the Cow, will come up with in terms of matching cheese to my selection of wine for the wine events held there.
She always finds something that works well and impresses the attendees.
Wine & Cheese Matches for this event
- 2013 TRENTHAM ESTATE PINOT NOIR (MURRAY DARLING, NSW) matched with Brillat Savarin – France
- 2013 WOODS & MATTHEWS PINOT NOIR (YARRA VALLEY, VIC) matched with Beaufort d’Alpage – France
- 2010 WOONGARRA ‘3 WISE MEN’ PINOT NOIR (CARDINIA RANGES, VIC) matched with Reypenaer VSOP – Netherlands
- 2010 D’ANGELO FUGIASTRO PINOT NOIR (YARRA VALLEY, VIC) matched with L’Artisan Mountain Man – Australia
- 2009 NICHOLSON RIVER WINERY GIPPSLAND PINOT NOIR (BAIRNSDALE, VIC) matched with Queso Mahon – Spain
- 2007 MERRICK’S ESTATE PINOT NOIR (MORNINGTON, VIC) matched with Swiss Gruyere Etivaz – Switzerland
- 2009 FROGMORE CREEK PINOT NOIR (TAS) matched with Fourme d’Ambert – France
- 2004 GOLDEN HAWK PINOT SHIRAZ BY ANDRAOS BROS (SUNBURY, VIC) matched with Baronerosso di Capra – Italy
8 Pinot Noir wines from all over Australia matched to 8 different cheeses from around the world.
What more can you ask for?
A Pinot Noir & Cheese lovers dream come true.
Here are a few photos from the event.