Pinot noir Masterclass
World-renowned wine expert, Jancis Robinson, once said, “once this vixen of the vine gets its claws into the heart of a wine lover, it rarely lets go”.
That vixen is pinot noir, and this Masterclass is your chance to experience 10 superb pinot noirs from Australia, France, Germany, the US and New Zealand (matched with wonderful cheeses) in the relaxed ambience of Milk the Cow fromagerie in Carlton.
Guiding the Masterclass will be wine expert Bela Rice, who has nearly 30 years’ experience in the wine industry selling, consulting, distributing and educating. Bela has also been involved in wine show judging and competed successfully in wine tasting competitions, winning Victorian, Australian and Australasian titles.
Here’s what to expect at this fun and informative event:
- Your opportunity to try 10 superb pinot noirs
- Gain a real understanding of this intriguing and wonderful grape variety, one of the oldest to be used for making wine.
- Learn about its intricate characteristics, ageing potential, best time to drink, food matching, serving temperature and glassware to use.
- Shared cheeseboards with breads, lavosh and detailed notes will accompany the showcased wines.
- Detailed Masterclass Notes will be distributed at the end of the workshop
The cheeses have been selected by cheesemonger Laura Lown, regarded as one of the best in the world. Originally from the UK, Laura has recommended cheeses to HRH Queen Elizabeth.
“The Masterclass will be lots of fun,” promises Bela, “and everyone attending will learn a lot about pinot noir without feeling intimidated.”
Don’t miss this rare chance to get to know the vixen of the vine at a special event that offers great value and will linger on the palate and live on long in the memory!