Melbourne High School Old Boys is a not-for-profit organisation.
Founded in 1907, its primary aim has always been the welfare of the school. Each year it grants scholarships and awards academic and general prizes for successful students. We are also instrumental in raising funds to assist the school on various building projects and help give the current students the best possible education. At every opportunity the association does what it can to uphold the school’s tradition and status in the community.
Each year we hold various events including 4 winemaker dinners to help raise funds for these projects. Since commencing these dinners, we have held 38 to date. The objective of the winemaker dinner is to interface excellent food with quality wines from a particular winemaker for the education and enjoyment of all our guests.
When selecting a winemaker for the dinner we are looking for a vineyard that can help with the following:
- attend the dinner and speak about each wine accompanying the meal; one complimentary meal provided;
- provide a variety of sparkling, white wine and red wine to accompany a 3 course dinner with canapés;
- provide wine for consumption during the meal at $10 per bottle;
- a capacity for guests to purchase wines at discount prices on the night;
- arrangement of shipping if the wines cannot be taken on the night;
- reimbursement to the MHSOBA of $2 per bottle for each bottle purchased on or following the evening with scope for marketing to members on our website for the following 12 months; and
- 2 complimentary bottles of wine as part of the raffle on the night.
As a thank you for generosity, we would like to help promote your vineyard by using your logo on all email invitations for the dinner, on our website with a link to your web page and in our quarterly newsletter.
We look forward to working with you to make the next winemaker dinner a success.
MHS Foundation for