The story of the 2008 Good Drop Shiraz began 2 years ago when I came across this wine destined to be sent to the USA.
The wine was from a winery in Bendigo and due to the global financial crisis it was stranded here.
When I tried this wine I seized the opportunity to purchase the entire batch as I knew that this wine was something special.
The wine was branded as “2008 Good Drop Shiraz” and last yhear was awarded 4 stars at the 2012 World’s Greatest Shiraz Challenge.
It has become a very popular wine and usually scores the highest at most of my wine dinners.
This wine was reviewed by 26 people at Mediterraneo Restaurant in Albert Park at The Top Australian Wines Boutique Wine Tasting Dinner on Wednesday, February 27, 2013.
This wine had an average score of 8.24
Here are some comments:
- smooth, rich, blackcurrant/cherry. Great for a cold winters night
- Very good wine. Fruity & peppery
- Plum, berry, chocolate, luscious
- Nice & fruity & sweet. Quite light for a shiraz
- My favourite
- Cherries, berries, ripe fruits
- It was delicious. A good drop
The 2008 Good Drop Shiraz initially had another label but the design was changed.